Thursday, December 25, 2008

another lesson...

ah, yes, expectation.

Today is Christmas, and as I'm away from family, I planned on spending this entire day writing. I've been so busy lately that I've been looking forward to this day for about a week. So here it is, the day that all the bubbling and percolation has been waiting for, the day of atonement and expression...and the tongue is clumsy, the well dry.

I want so badly to pen prose brilliant and beautiful, to spill genius on the page and...and...just fucking say something of value.

I suppose that the only thing of value to say is strike while the iron is hot. It's quite difficult to create the exact right environment for creativity, so when you feel it, flow with it. And when it's not there, don't worry...it will be again, I promise. Words have seldom failed me...

I guess it's time to watch a movie. Exhaustion is setting in. It's been a big day.
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment